Sunday 7 June 2015

Being a philologist… the story about sadness of native language

        We’re running through our studies learning so hard every single word from other language, trying to get new grammar but what about our native language? I must admit I caught myself on simple things like it’s just simpler for me to translate something into English or into other language rather than my own one. Why is that? Well, as for me English has better vocabulary as it comes to different ways of expressing feeling. There’s no 100% equivalent for ‘I’m freaking out’ or ‘that is so creepy’. Like I don’t feel it in Polish. And as for grammar, this is the language that I didn’t have to learn grammar in the way non-native are learning which means sometimes I don’t know why something is the way it is, but I know what form is correct. And what I think about it is the fact that it shouldn’t be like that. Oh c’mon how can we study other languages not knowing our own one well? This is sooo weird! I think we should all have polish grammar studying languages. Maybe it’s just my feeling, but I think that’s the way it should be. And actually the more I study Finnish grammar the more I’m curious about Polish one, honestly. I wonder if I should say: Chcesz herbaty? or chcesz herbatę? Finnish makes it different due to partitivus that we don’t have, do we? I think we have… residual one. Oh well, I have to start reading more books on Polish grammar or what so ever so Polish would not feel so abandoned, sad and lonely… What are yours points of view on it?


1 comment:

  1. vc video games reddit - Videodl.cc
    If you want to play youtube downloader free videos in your browser, try this guide for free. We have lots of alternatives to the videos in our game,

    ReplyDelete